>

Thursday, August 24, 2017

MORE BACKGROUND EMBOSSING

I really liked how the background embossing looked on my card from the other day, so decided to give it a whirl with the HA hibiscus stamp.



Stamped the second layer of the smaller flower in the set with HA white embossing powder - also used the stamen and the leaves to fill in gaps - I'm still not very good at this background stamping - need to keep practicing!!!  Added some more flowers colored in various blues and the HA sentiment (also embossed).  Used a black glaze pen on the stamens of the flowers to give them more depth.  The card base is a soft grey which I think works particularly well with the white embossing.

The challenge theme at A Blog Named Hero this month is "embossing" and there is still time to enter here

Thanks for visiting and your kind comments.

9 comments:

  1. Your background stamping looks wonderful, once again! What a creative idea to use the various layers for backgrounds--thanks for the inspiration, Betty! The flowers are gorgeous! Hoping to get a card entered in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty Betty! You really are smashing the background embossing technique! Creative genius! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed hibiscus background looks gorgeous, Betty - love it!! Also love the rich colors on your flower duo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Betty. The background looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I love these hibiscus and the background, to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is just fabulous Betty. I do have a layerd stamp with me here in CA, so I might just have to case your technique. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card, Betty!!! The subtle background brings much elegance into the card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background, Betty! I love the texture of embossing and your blue flowers are so pretty! Thanks for inspiring me to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!