>

Saturday, August 8, 2015

GOLD AND VELLUM BUTTERFLY

Today Karen challenged us to use gold or silver plus vellum on a card for Scramble115 in the Hero Arts discussion group.  Before the scramble started I had chosen some stamps that I would like to use if possible - so this butterfly worked perfectly. 


I stamped the butterfly in gold and fussy cut - then used the coordinating dies to cut another butterfly and the body/antenna.  The vellum dotted strip and the leaves are cut from DCWV foiled vellum papers.  Sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and the leaves are MB Fresh Foliage.  Base of the card is Neenah metallic white gold.  Rounded the card corner and done.  From start to finish, this took about 35 minutes (not including photographing and posting to the group). 

Thanks for visiting today and always enjoy your comments.  Betty

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Betty. So bummed I missed the scramble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I missed the Scramble :( This is such a beautiful card, Betty! Your gold embossed butterfly is so pretty and I love the strip of gold dots and vellum leaves! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!