>

Saturday, December 6, 2014

 HERO ARTS SCRAMBLE #99

Today Natalie challenged us to use an "old" Hero Arts holiday or winter stamp.  Took me forever to think of something, much less make a card - which actually turned into a tag.

I recently bought a Tim Holtz die set of pine boughs and holly so cut those out in green. Stamped the tag background with woodgrain in distress ink and rubbed the edges with more ink.  Then I overstamped in white with a spatter background stamp to give the effect of snow.  Embossed the sentiment and ornament (fussy cut), added some gold floss and done - only it took me nearly 70 minutes to accomplish!!!!  And then I still had to photograph and upload - nearly didn't make it in 90 minutes!


Supplies: HA CL551, S5208, CH188; Heidi Swapp splatter stamp; Tim Holtz dies; DMC gold floss; Colorbox frost white and Ranger walnut stain inks

Thanks for visiting today and your kind comments.   Betty

5 comments:

  1. 90 minutes! Wow! Awesome job Betty! This is a great wintry tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag here, Betty .... I love the woodgrain background with the White splatter

    Have a nice Sunday
    Hugs, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, Betty! I love how the branch overhangs the base tag! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all the texture of the pine boughs and holly paired with the woodgrain background on your tag! The 'hint' of snowflakes was a genius idea too, Betty! I'm really impressed that you created such a fabulous tag in such a short time...WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Betty, the wood grain, the ornament, and the pine sprig. Just lovely, definitely in my top five tag faves this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!