>

Thursday, May 8, 2014

POPPIES & WATERCOLOR

Two more cards from the online watercolor class.  The first one uses a masking technique and is from a demo by Jennifer McGuire on day 2.  I used just my basic watercolor set to wash on the background after stamping the poppies in black.  Added a few tiny black beads to flower centers for a little texture.
For my second card, I stamped the poppies once on some script paper.  Then stamped them again on watercolor paper,  added water to the paper, made puddles of color with gelatos and painted the color on with a brush.  After they were dry, I carefully cut them out and adhered them to the background.  Spattered some more color on by flicking my paintbrush.  This actually wasn't a technique from the class, but I wasn't having any luck with the gelatos from the class demo.  So just did my own thing.
Looking at my last post and this one, I think I'm in a pink mode!!

Supplies:
Stamps: HA CL449
Paper: Strathmore cold press; PTI "Dear Jane"; SU crumb cake
Ink: Ranger black archival

Thanks for visiting and your kind comments.  Betty

11 comments:

  1. The colors on the first one are so lovely, Betty - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I really like how you used the same floral image in two ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful both of them.... I love this poppie stamp.
    Have a good day
    Hugs, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Betty! I love how you added micro beads to the centers on the poppies, and your water coloring is so pretty! I think it was a great idea to 'Do your own thing' with your Gelatos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards! they are so classy and so restful and lovely. betty I cant tell you how much your comment about watercolor backgrounds meant to me. I want to do them so bad, but don't like mine when I do them and then cant think of anything to do with them either. its such a relief to hear someone else say it. I have watched about a million videos and I just want to do watercolor flowers and people. I have changed my mind about so many things, I might change my mind about that too. thanks for your wisdom. you always seem to have the right thing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you double stamped the image! Love the gelato color. Very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are very pretty - thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are great, Betty! Watercolour works really well with your elegant style - love the soft pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, so nicely done. Those colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are lovely, love the colour combos.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!